Last year for Christmas I got a Cricut cutting machine, that sadly I haven’t really had the time to use. So, a few days ago I pulled it out and thought I would try my hand at making some Mother’s day cards. Instead of making traditional sized cards which are about 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 , I opted to make mini-cards using white 3×5 index cards.
What I used:
- Cricut cutting machine (George & Basic Shapes cartridge)
- Cricut paper trimmer with scoring blade
- glue stick
- scrapbook paper
- 3×5 index cards
- fold 3×5 index card in half using a scoring blade/tool (very important so you will have a nice crisp fold!)
- cut out 1″ letters using the Cricut (of course you could also use di-cuts, or stickers etc.)
- cut 3 flowers out in different sizes so you can layer them (I made the middle flower a different color.)
- glue on letters, and any decorative background paper you want, and then attach the flowers using a decorative brad.
Simple as Pie.
Way back in Junior High, I used to take colored index cards and make mini-cards to pass to my friends during class. I would just fold them in half, draw a picture on the front, write a message on the inside, and I always wrote “Made 4 you, by Me” on the back. Just a few months ago, one of my friends said to me “Remember those cards you used to make?” ha ha. YUP! These are just my grown up version!
Posted By Anne